Join comics creator Jess Smart Smiley in reading, exploring, and (of course) making comics!
Through the magic of technology, Jess will travel through his computer screen and into your classroom via Skype, to engage your students in discussions ranging from writing for children and using a sketchbook, to coming up with ideas you can use, drawing characters, and structuring your story.
For a limited time, schedule your FREE SKYPE VISIT for schools and libraries today!
60-Minute Paid Visit ($50)
90-Minute Paid Visit ($75)
Your 90-minute Skype visit includes a presentation of your choice (see below), plus a 30-minute workshop, and a 15-minute Q&A session with Jess Smart Smiley. (Great for advanced classes.)
Topics for Visits
I regularly visit schools and libraries and am happy to cater to your specific needs, but most visits tends to fall under one of the following categories:
- Ideas: How to Generate and Develop Ideas You Like
- Sketchbooks: What They’re For and How to Use Them
- Visual Literacy: How Pictures Tell Stories (That Words Can’t)
- Career Opportunities: Graphic Design and Illustration
- How I Make a Book: From Beginning to End
- Publishing: Preparing Your Work and Sending It to Publishers
- Comics: How They Work and How to Make Your Own
- Story: How to Structure Your Story for Success
- Demonstration: Live Drawing/Design Demonstration